Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Welcome to A Technophobe's Experiment with Social Networking!

My name is Krista and I’m a 20 year old biology major at West Chester University of Pennsylvania. I’m pretty much a typical student except for one thing: while most of my peers have accounts with several social networking sites, I don’t have any. In the past, I had always viewed the social aspect of the internet negatively, stubbornly refusing to give social networking a chance. However, I now know that such sites offer a range of benefits from connecting with old friends to meeting prospective employers.

Since writing this blog as a class assignment has pushed me into the world of the internet a bit, I figured that now would be the perfect time to expand my horizons and try to find a site that suits me. I will be documenting my efforts through this blog. For each post I will test out a different social networking site by examining how easy it is to maneuver, researching possible uses for it outside of the social realm, and ultimately determine whether or not I’ll keep the profile or delete it.

No comments:

Post a Comment